We must protect the value and sanctity of life in Texas. Other states are leaving Texas behind in the fight for the unborn. Texas has gone from one of the 5 most pro-life states to the 13th, and we will fall again next year as other states continue to pass us by. I promise to be one of our state’s strongest advocates for life - from fertilization to natural death - and make Texas a leader once again for life.
Property taxes are too high. Texans' property tax bills have skyrocketed out of control, and are forcing Texans out of their homes. I will ensure we have property tax reform and, more importantly, property tax relief for Texans in HD-60. Texans want politicians to do what they said and LOWER our property tax bills. To do this, the legislature should enact sweeping reforms like tax rate caps, transparency in the appraisal process, and giving voters a louder voice and more power in the process.
We are a nation and state of laws. I support President Trump’s efforts to build a wall and completely secure our porous southern border. The cartels are taking advantage of our lax enforcement and are trafficking dangerous drugs and money into our state. Our lack of action needs to end now. I support the ban on sanctuary cities and will vote for continued funding on border security measures like ramping up the presence of law enforcement and utilizing innovative technologies to combat human trafficking and regain control from the cartels of our southern border.
Texas is one of the top 10 economies in the world. We will only be able to grow and strengthen this economy if we resist and refuse to implement socialist progressives policies. Business regulations should be reduced and I will adamantly oppose any additional regulations. The less government is involved in the market the more Texans will thrive and flourish in a healthy economy.
To #DefendTexas, we need to defend the Second Amendment.The Second Amendment right is the one that protects and enforces all the rest. I will always support our right to self-defense and oppose any effort to expand the government’s involvement in the sale of firearms. Every citizen has the right to keep and bear arms. Period. Any gun control laws will only take us a step closer to a registry, and even confiscation. Leftist Democrats are licking their chops and have revealed their intention to trample our rights.
Here's my 4 point plan to defend - and expand - the Second Amendment rights of every Texan:
- Pass Constitutional Carry Legislation
- Abolish "Gun Free Zones" where evil people know the will face little or no resistance
- Fight off gun registration efforts, including expanded background checks
- Oppose dangerous & unconstitutional Red Flag Laws
You can count on me to be a fighter for the Second Amendment in Austin.
My 7 Point Plan to Defend Public Education:
- Return dollars to the classroom (Where the students & teachers are!): This means taking many of the dollars that are currently being wasted on administration, getting them back to teachers and where the learning actually occurs. Bureaucracies are running amuck, while teachers are asked to constantly do more with less. I want that to stop.
- Prioritize reading, writing, & math: Our students need to build a strong foundation for their future, with subjects that they will actually use, and will help them learn other things more efficiently.
- End standardized testing: We have lost countless teachers to the increased focus on high stakes standardized testing. Many teachers have told me they are only allowed to teach to the tests, which stress out students and parents alike. And for what reason? So big name Publishers and for- profit vendors can line their pockets with our tax dollars? I say no more. Accountability should lie with parents and teachers, not out of state corporations.
- Expand opportunities with vocational training: Vocational training, apprenticeships, and collaborations with local businesses are a benefit to the student and the public. Not every child will go to college. We shouldn’t be forcing each child down the same path. Let’s educate and train up students to be self-sufficient. That means ready for the workforce and good paying jobs that exist now.
- Help teachers with classroom costs: I’ve heard horror stories about our teachers not having basic needs for their classroom. They are forced to get them with money out of their own pockets. Teachers should not have to pay hundreds, and sometimes thousands of dollars to provide their students with things like paper, pencils, or Kleenex. This is a no-brainer.
- Keeping promises to retired teachers: Many in our community decided and committed to teach many years ago. They were made promises they built their retirement and budgets around, counting on the state to follow through. I believe delivering on those promises is a moral issue, and has to be protected. Not doing so would be wrong, and would signal our system is untrustworthy to current teachers. The right thing to do is to keep the promises we made to retired teachers.
- Bring prayer & faith back into our schools: Finally, but I think most importantly, my seventh priority for education is to bring prayer and faith back into our schools. More than ever, the first amendment is under attack. Leftist bullies are constantly threatening lawsuits and intimidation tactics to stop our schools from talking about the Judea-Christian values that this country was founded upon. There was a time this wasn’t an issue, and I want to make sure it isn’t anymore.